melanie_mo49

karndean Korlock badly laid.

Mel Mo
5 years ago

Today i had my new Kardean Korlock floor laid in our new entension. After weeks of researching thid product, then a 2 month wait for the shop to lay it, i'm destressed to have come home to this...(see photos) It looks totally unfinished. There are significant gaps around my island and tall cupboards. one of the cupboards has a 4mm gap next to it and i can clearly see the whole interlocking system on the plank. All along my bifold doors the planks are cut badly and gaps visiable, and the floor moves significantly under foot.
I contacted the shop (extremely rude and unhelpful) who told me that as the bifolds are flush to the floor there can be no beading as it will be above track height. They also said that the expamdion gap in other areas in necessary but they can put a beading around certain parts (but also said that it will look bad as it will be random pieces of beading, which dont run all the way around. Im pretty sure that no one would pay 2.5 grand for this shoddy job.
I'm hoping to take some advice, if anyonr has any, on how to deal with this.
Thank you in advance.

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.