lrobertson70

kitchen/ downstairs loo design dilemma

Lisa R
5 years ago
Can you help with how to organise our kitchen?

We have a lovely semi detached house in need of full renovation. It's in a conservation area so there are lots of restrictions on what we can do.

We would like to extend the kitchen to the side as shown below. (Going out into the garden to make the kitchen deeper is not an option as the garden is small and this would not be allowed in the conservation area).

I am thinking we should get rid of the downstairs loo altogether so as to have a rectangular space for the kitchen/ diner. The current plan with the toilet as shown seems to result in the kitchen configuration being compromised as there is not a lot of space.

We don't want to reposition the toilet in the cupboard area as that is crucial for storage. The whole thing is slightly complicated as the floor levels (toilet and current kitchen) are different but I imagine this could be sorted out somehow.

Would the larger kitchen be worth the lack of toilet? Any ideas for kitchen design? I'm a first time houzzer and have never done any work like this before. We don't plan to sell the house for many years and have no need of the toilet downstairs ourselves (no children or old people involved).

Thanks in advance for any help/ ideas.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.