annabel_mulcahy

Help on where to put tv and position sofas in new extension please!

Annabel Mulcahy
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi- we currently have the builders in just finishing a garage conversion where we have knocked through from kitchen and also through to a playroom (to give more width than a classic garage conversion) to create a family room. We need help and ideas on sofa arrangements and where best to put the tv in this unusually shaped room please.. We have no sofas yet and as a family of 4 would like a seat for everyone eg 3 seater and armchair or corner sofa and armchair. We need a piano around 140cm to fit in and I would love a large bookcase with storage cupboards underneath. If anyone can come up with a plan even if only for part of it - that would be an incredible help as I am at a loss! We installed 3 tv points shown on the plan as we didn’t know quite how to position furniture! Also as the family room runs into the kitchen the flooring changes to signify different areas (carpet on playroom and oak flooring in kitchen (shaded area is oak flooring). Thank you and look forward to any ideas!!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.