webuser_378460014

Help please! Steps to garden from new extension

HU-378460014
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My partner and I have just bought a house and are planning a 3m extension that will creat a big open plan kitchen/diner + family space, with either bifolds or large sliders out to the garden. The living room will be separate for tv and chill out.

my issue is we have steps out to the garden right now (I’d like to see about lowering the floor of the house slightly to minimise but know this might not be possible). I can’t work out how best to work the steps into the design, so that we don’t lose too much garden. We still want a lot of grass. I was hoping for a patio to eat on too but can’t see it working without losing too much lawn to stairs etc. worth noting the garden is also north facing but will get the sun 2-6ish in the summer on west side of garden As well as at the bottom by the large brick wall.

anyone have any helpful ideas for me?! I’m in design purgatory...

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.