toutesuite

How to get a fabric seat cover to stay on our leather couch

toutesuite
5 years ago
We have two leather couches with fabric seat covers to disguise the torn seats. These are lovely and soft, elastic, really excellent, except the ends always rise up off the seat when you sit on them. The seat covers are the right size for the seats but the elastic doesn’t keep around the bottom. Photos attached (please excuse the mess as we were in the middle of a temporary clear out!)

We initially tried safety pins to secure but they couldn’t withstand people sitting (lots of kids on the house).

I had considered buying a staple gun to staple it but then considered that the fabric might tear from the staples which would be really unfortunate as the covers are great.

I wonder if I should buy a hot glue gun or if anyone has any suggestions. It’s two three seat sofas. Thanks!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.