lirving804

Dark stain for original parquet oak floor

lirving804
5 years ago

Hi I have successfully sanded and stained a pine original parquet with morells light fast stain dark wenge. It worked fantastically. I now have an oak parquet and the Jacobean isnt contemporary enough and fear the dark wenge will be too dark as the oak will take the colour better than the pine. I rarely post on here but this is proving to be a dilemma. Noone will mix the colours which I feel is the solution due to it not being commerically worthwhile. I must admit whilst posting feel perhaps this is my answer so will order some samples of Jacobean and dark wenge with some measuring jugs to ensure right parts. If anyone has a better option please let me know.Also engineered wood recommendations again dark/ebony? Have considered timber untreated and stain too but this doesn't always work well

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.