webuser_71660

narrow depth barn door hardware

Tani H-S
5 years ago
Another problem just come across with our barn door style opening into the utility (rolling my eyes!)

When the fridge door opens (with the handle on) there is barely any space left behind it for a thick hanging door. No idea how it’s happened - probably because the brick wall they plastered over was all over the place so they have brought the plasterboard our further than expected.

This means we might only get away with having like a 15mm thick door (ply sheet??) on now. No idea if that will work?

Also need to find some hardware that isn’t too chunky at the top so the door sits as close to the wall as possible.

If I put the door on the inside of the utility (there is about 120mm depth from the front to back) then it eats up into the room which makes it even narrower (only 110cm deep now)

Any bright ideas?

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.