benedict_henry

Peelease help perfect my painting!

Benedict Henry
4 years ago

Hi there, there's a ton of threads on here about peeling paint and I'm about to add to them I'm afraid, as I couldn't find a consensus solution to this problem. Our house has just been renovated. Once the walls were skimmed and the plaster had dried, I applied a mist coat using 50% contract matt and 50% water. Once this had dried I then painted on the water based eggshell top coat.
It's a couple of weeks later now and the paint in the corners of the room is peeling away and it doesn't appear to have stuck when I poke it (I know, don't poke it!). I've attached a couple of photo's. I'm hoping that you all might be able to help me to find a way to solve this problem, as the response to my last post was amazing and really helped me. I did wonder whether applying another mist coat over the eggshell coat in the corners might be a solution? Thank you!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.