laura_0

Advice on radiators, please!

laura_0
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Bit of a long one!

My husband and I can't decide what to do about the radiators in our master bedroom. We are putting it / them on a brick wall (pictured) but are in disagreement as to whether we want one radiator or two, and then where we put them.

The studwork to the left of the brick wall will be wooden panelled and the bed will sit on this wall. This will contain a (small!) walk-in wardrobe. The brick wall to the left from the fireplace to the stud wall is 140 cm in length, and it's 175cm to the right.

Options are:

1. One large cast iron radiator on the right of the fireplace

2. One large vertical column radiator on the right of the fireplace

3. A radiator on either side that is the same distance from the fireplace, therefore having different amount of wall showing on the outer sides of the wall

4a. A radiator on either side that is centered on the wall either side of the fireplace. The visible wall is the same size on each wall.

4b. A radiator on either side that is centered on the wall either side of the fireplace. The radiator size is proportional the the wall length on either side of the wall, therefore the visible wall would be different sizes.

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.