dcoomber

Design ideas for changing layout of house

dcoomber
4 years ago

Hi,

I'm after some ideas on how we could alter the current layout of our house.

Downstairs, we currently have a long lounge/dining room and separate kitchen/utility. I'd love to have an open plan kitchen/diner with island and would love a proper hallway instead of just a staircase. I'm open to closing in the lounge and possibly adding an extension out the back.

Upstairs, the current master with ensuite shower is a bit small (you can only just walk around the bed) and I think the main bathroom is a bit on the small side. I don't mind reducing it down to a 4 bed. I need an office but could move that downstairs maybe?

Any advice/ideas appreciated.

Thanks

P.S Wall between kitchen and dining is not load bearing and as it's a relatively newish new build all the walls are just studs.

Current layout. Garden is tiered so you step up from patio to first level and then step up again.

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.