basem1970

Changing house layout dilemma..help please

Sam
8 years ago

I have just moved into this 100 years old house and I will be refurbishing it completely. I am looking for ideas on improving the layout of the house before refurbishment. I am new to all this and feel overwhelmed. one option is to get an architect but I thought I will look for advice here. I have few ideas and I appreciate opinions:

1- Ground Floor: TO knock off the wall of the family room to extend the kitchen. I will probably use small part of the room as a clock room as I dont like the current one which is under the stairs.

2- First Floor: Split bedroom 4 into 2. one part will become an en-suite to room 3. The other part will be added to the en-suite of the master bedroom and the whole thing will become a dressing room.. The protruding section of the master bedroom en-suite (shower cubicle) will be completely removed. The wardrobe area and the small storage room (next to bedroom 5) will be joined to make a new en-suite fro the master bedroom.

3- I am looking to add a loft conversion with an en-suite bedroom (to replace the lost bed room on the first floor) and a game/Cinema room.

Does that make sense? Any better ideas please?

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.