sarh123

Kitchen advice please!

sarh123
4 years ago

We're extending/reconfiguring our house and should end up with an area roughly 4.3m x 4.9m for the kitchen within a family room area. I had in mind fitting the rear wall full height (inc ovens, fridge/freezer) and then low level on the long wall (inc hob) and under the window (inc sink), I also envisaged a small island. I've started getting quotes and the first was happy with this idea, but another has told me that the design will not be practical and we'd be better just fitting two walls. He said that the distances are too great between the appliances. I've been searching Houzz for a U-shaped kitchen as I imagined but haven't found one, so perhaps he is right? I've copied the plan below - kitchen area highlighted in red and my ideas added. I am really confused and would be really grateful if anyone has any views/examples to help me!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.