navneet_jhawar

Ground floor renovation dilemma (extension vs conservatory)

Navneet J
4 years ago

I am currently having a dilemma over how to renovate my terraced house. Floor plan is below. I am looking to get rid of the conservatory and replace the kitchen and bathroom. I don't particularly need the extra space that the conservatory gives (i am single without children) but am reluctant to get rid of it completely as i am nervous that it would reduce the living space and therefore reduce the value of the property.

If money was no object then i would look to relocate the kitchen to the area where the conservatory is. However, I am not looking to spend more that £30k on the whole project (is that unrealistic?) which would include the new kitchen and bathroom and also some internal redecoration and furnishings.

Another thought is to replace the conservatory (currently timber construction effectively on stilts which is contributing to a mouse problem) with a dwarf wall conservatory which would effectively be used as a dining area.

Alternatively the current conservatory could be converted to a brick built extension with a utility room and dining area.

This really is my first project of this magnitude and I would appreciate your thoughts as I am currently pretty confused.

Floor plan

Current kitchen

Conservatory

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.