mburke014

Kitchen/Diner layout - guidance please!

mburke014
4 years ago

I've added a small extension to a narrow north facing townhouse which looks onto the gable of a neighbouring house.

I hoped extending would allow for a decent kitchen table (min seat 6) & small 2 seater/tv area. I didn't anticipate the restrictions the remaining parts of the original back wall would put on the layout.

The extension has a higher ceiling & is light filled and I know that is where I will want to sit/spend time but I don't want it be become soley a tv area.
The hoarding is still up so I can't gage how far the light will project into the original kitchen. Before I decided to extend I got a kitchen plan drafted but now wonder if it's the best option.

Any advice on how to maximise this space would be appreciated as I'm a bit tormented at this stage

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.