design3586

Designing Homes for Long Distance Clients

Let me share with you our latest project;

Vauxhall Property · More Info

New builds for first time buyers can be an exciting but challenging journey - not to mention when you are currently living in a different city. As an interior designer, is it possible to complete these projects with inspiring clients via WhatsApp? Can you share mood boards, put together plans and finalise furniture sourcing proposals?

The answer is yes. Not only is this possible, but we achieved one of our fastest and most rewarding customer experiences that we’ve had so far.

The main ingredient to this success is to communicate. For us, was effifient communication from the very initial brief, constantly pooling creative ideas, proposing options, budgets and delivery times..

The biggest challenge we faced during this project was figuring out how to create a possible flow of ideas and understanding the space. We wanted to make it as comfortable as possible. Every measurement was taken in the apartment to create a calm and effortless living space. With it’s open-plan living, dining and kitchen areas - we added a refined palette of materials. To create a sense of flow, we mixed intriguing furniture and textures.

The entire living space is filled with natural light and some construction vistas. The best solution for immaculate sheers to obstruct construction views is to create a minimal layered and contemporary feeling. To add a more luxurious touch to these spaces you will see the textured wallpaper, atmospheric lighting and decorative lamps for interest.

The reading corner was mentioned by our client as one of priorities and we opt for a generous sitting area. To bring some nature to the space, we used some of the awkward corners to create floating shelves with green plants and objects. We had some bespoke joinery work completed to create more storage space where we then integrated LED lighting. The sleek bathroom and kitchen areas blend in to the rest of the space with some great furniture choices within budget and delivery time.

For the master bedroom, we incorporated more sensorial flamboyant textures and our color choice was great fun. Here we worked with a sea green wall paint and textured panels that not only reflect the light but add a luxurious touch.

We transformed the dressing room from boring to bold. The pale and impersonal colours were covered with Fornasetti wallpaper Libereria and a playful choice of pale pink and green for upholstery and other decorative elements.

Lifestyle consideration and great client taste was supported by our fast and furious sourcing, where we found top quality items on time and on budget. Decorative elements we added a month later taking into consideration client space experience and mixing old with new to add more personality.

We are so pleased with the outcomes! The result is a carefully sourced look that could be affordable yet luxurious, which completely met the expectations of the client. We are always defending the fact that good design can be affordable and that there is no impersonal new build in our portfolio. Together we co-create!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.