tora100

What are your opinions or experiences with building a prefab home?

Harri
20 September, 2019

We are currently finalising our plans for a bungalow and our minds were set to using traditional building methods but after a friend suggested prefab, or more specifically, Dan Wood Homes, it all sounds too good to be true. We have little time to take on the build ourselves and our only experience of working with a builder in the past was a nightmare (promised a 3 day bathroom refurb, gutted our one and only disabled bathroom and dragged the job out for 11 weeks, I went stir crazy).

Would you build one? What is their lifespan? Is a mortgage going to be an issue? All the reviews for Dan Wood seem really positive but I’m apprehensive and excited in equal measures.

Any advice?