sarah_benkwitz

3 year old’s big girl bedroom layout

Sarah Benkwitz
4 years ago

Hi All, I’m starting from scratch with designing my 3 year old girl’s bed room. Please can you help on layout? The only furniture we have so far are the freestanding wardrobe as pictured and a toy box. We have free creative reign for everything else and we are lucky that it’s a large double room (4.7m x 3.4m rectangle) with a big window, so I’m trying to think of what I dreamt of when I was a little girl! The challenge is to make it cozy for a little one, and so she doesn’t outgrow it too soon.

I’m thinking perhaps one of those beds with a second pull-out bed underneath, with a canopy for height and coziness. Also, a chest of drawers is essential and perhaps a floor-standing shelving unit at child height for her many books. Perhaps also a dressing table or desk?

I’ll also put some inspiration photos below of what I’m thinking of for colour - pastels without being too sweet.

Please excuse the mess as we’re still clearing out!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.