j450n74y

Blank Canvas and need ideas for Kitchen/Living/Dining

j450n74y
4 years ago

Afternoon Houzz community, I had heaps of help when we made our first purchase 7 years ago. I'm now looking at some ideas and suggestions for this new property. Trying not to spend too much.

We like Modern/Contemporary/Industrial.

We essentially have a blank canvas and need ideas. Some things I'll be looking at doing:

1. Laying wood vinyl flooring over the tiles (cheaper than taking off the tiles). thinking a light wood or light grey wood but would love to hear thoughts...

2. Changing the kitchen cabinet doors to a glossy white to brighten the place up as well as making it more modern. Suggestions on colour or styles appreciated!

3. Removing the wallpaper at the dining area and painting it. Suggestions welcome on colours etc

4. Removing the dated TV cabinet and replacing it with a simple low cabinet (mounted/floor) and mounting a TV to the wall instead.

5. Lighting options?

Comments (64)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.