hzdeleted_59123971

Decorating to create a Sunny study

User
4 years ago

I’ve recently moved home and want to convert our featureless spare room into a warm, energising and cosy home office/relaxation space. It’s currently got a loft ladder in to the converted attic bedroom, but will be installing a proper set of stairs soon, which will decrease the room size. When complete, it’ll be approximately 9x6.5feet.

It has a dark grey carpet (pictured) and I’d like to use yellow but don’t want it to feel like a nursery or too much, so am contemplating painting one long wall yellow (attached are options I’m considering) to minimise this but not sure what to do with the rest of the room, or whether to leave it white? I’ve also found a coral pink colour that’s lovely, Crown’s Quick Kiss, that I’d love to incorporate. I’ve seen examples of ombré walls I was thinking of using the coral and yellow on but think if this were replicated on all four walls it would be too much.

when finished it’ll contain a desk and bookcase (to be painted any colour) and a comfy armchair for reading. I’ll use fairy lights as the main light source and want it to feel warm and cosy even through dark winter nights.

does anyone have any advice they can offer please? it would be much appreciated as I keep going round in circles!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.