gillysharpe

Edwardian semi renovation ground floor layout advice

Gilly S
4 years ago

I have just bought an Edwardian semi which is in a sorry state. The layout is good, apart from half of the ground floor, where there is a small dingy kitchen, former scullery (I think) and large hallway which is at the back of the house. I don't think I can move the stairs to the front as there's another staircase below leading to the cellar. I want to make a feature of the lovely arched patio doors (with new double glazing!) and view of the south-facing garden behind. But there are lots of doors and a staircase to contend with. I think it's possible to take down the wall between the kitchen and 'utility' as well as the wall (but not the door) from the 'utility' to the hallway. But this would make a really long and thin room.

Any ideas would be most welcome. I'm a total novice and am wondering what on earth I've taken on!!

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.