dlmakepeace

Please help, living room layout advice - new start!

JesmondDene

Following a recent house renovation, we are about to replace the living room furniture.

Living room needs to provide maximum seating; perhaps corner sofas or chaise; perhaps occasional chairs.

Log burner is in the fireplace, so able to see the fire and sit around it.

TV is currently on a console table between the two windows. Partner is very precious about the TV and won't be keen to move wiring. ( sore point - he likes family to sit around the TV - I like to sit around the fire).

New kitchen has a dining table so this isn't needed in the living room.

Living room has new distressed oak flooring.

House is a modern, 'victorian' style townhouse. We like 'scandi/mid century styling but open to anything.

Like the coziness of the sofa attached.

Room has grey walls and paintwork.

Looking at the architects plans - I dont feel the furniture is to scale. We have a 3 seater sofa, sitting against the grey hatched wall - this sits into this space, with floor space left before the shorter wall runs out.