aliblain

updating exterior of 70s bungalow. Gutters?

Alison Oliver
4 years ago

Hello everyone. We are updating a bungalow we bought last year and we are starting to think about the exterior. So far we have painted the timber windows (which are original but double glazed and in good condition) anthracite. We have also removed a second entrance which was situated only a couple of metres from the main entrance- this has allowed us to create a utility room. We would like to clad where this door used to be (with red grandpa perhaps?), reduce the size of the garage door and add a window (slightly higher than the mock up I have done). The window was an ex display bargain and is a thin horizontal window. We would also like to add cladding to the front of the house where the window sticks out. We were going to make all the soffits, barge boards etc. Anthracite but we’re unsure about the gutters. We were thinking either plain galvanised steel or anthracite. Does anyone have suggestions of how we can improve the look of our bungalow?

anthracite colour
other
galvanised steel

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.