schmidtbristol

Kitchen Islands - Why We All Need One In Our Kitchens

Schmidt Bristol
3 years ago

A kitchen island is generally a freestanding cabinet with seating that can be used as a prep area or table. It gives home cooks some useful extra space for preparing food and, for other family members, it is an informal, relaxed dining area. If you are re-designing your kitchen, here are some particularly good reasons why you should integrate a kitchen island:

Benefits Of A Kitchen Island

Extra Cupboards- any normal kitchen generates clutter and the ability of the island to negate disorganisation is a bonus for any homeowner. Depending on the kitchen island design, you can have curved drum cupboards, open shelving or wine racks as extra storage areas that are easier to access than regular cupboards.

Strong Design Statement- a kitchen island adds a new look to your kitchen. New elements like beautifully mottled stone worktops, sleek cladding materials and striking colours can make your kitchen looking more modern and stylish.

More Social-Friendly Setting- with a kitchen island, you can stay social with family members and friends. To encourage people to gravitate towards the kitchen island, you may add a worktop overhang or breakfast bar. Whether it is for relaxed Sunday brunches or casual dining, the kitchen island can make everyone more social.

Perfect For Children- a kitchen island can be an ideal work area for children, whether for doing homework or experimenting with easy recipes. Children can become part of the action when parents are doing certain tasks.

Extra Seating- in many homes, extra seating is an important asset. Wherever there is additional seating, people will gather. Even if you have a small kitchen, you can add a few extra seats around a kitchen island.

Versatile Movable Kitchen- kitchen islands don’t have to be fixed and it can be made movable. Most of the time, you need counter space, but at other times, you need more floor space. With a movable kitchen island you can have more room and you can do more activities with your family. If you have smaller kitchen, a movable kitchen island is an ideal addition.

Accommodate Kitchen Amenities- for smaller kitchens, an island allows you to add a stove, sink and extra cooking area without taking up too much space. This will make your kitchen useful and more functional. A larger kitchen island can be connected with plumbing, electrical and gas systems, so your options can be limitless.

Contact Schmidt

To learn more about designing the perfect kitchen for your home, contact Schmidt today and speak with an interior design professional who can assist you and answer any questions you have about modern home design.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.