farveena

Layout Dilema - Open Living room Diner

Farah
3 years ago

Hello. Here is my long, narrow, open living diner.
The diner is at the front of the house and is a wider room.
I am contemplating on swapping both areas however the fire place which I like is in the current living area however the granite surround takes up a lot of floor space!
I am desperate for a new look and new sofas but don’t know the best layout as I need plenty of seating.
I wanted a corner chaise, corner at the French window end and an angled single sofa opposite where the dining and living room part. I currently have a 2 seater there which shortens access into the living room.
The main issue is, I have this extra alcove extension near the French window. I’m wondering whether a corner chaise would block out window light and look odd? Should I forgets corner and put a bench along the window or 2 chairs? I’m also thinking of putting a shelving unit inside it and a desk on opposite alcove or just cupboards?
The husband’s tv is an eyesore and the depth of the room is too small to put a tv above the fire place.
How do you think I should lay it out and what type of sofa?

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.