julie_mcfadden32

Mossed Living Wall

Julie Mcfadden
3 years ago

We are about to move into a Farmhouse in Wales in Snowdonia National Park and on the land we have a very austere and cold looking ex MOD bunkhouse that slept 36 troops!, For the refurb its nature all the way for us. So to soften and bring some of the nature inside, I am considering a living moss wall. My questions are many.. The 4 acres of woodland is covered in mosses, can I use them to make my living wall? and how do I do that, and how long will it likely survive?...The wall im considering is 11m - am I being too ambitious, should I use panels or one large wallscape... and I'm sure there are questions unasked so feel free to add any information which may help me decide. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.