kirsty_mcilear

Prevent shower splash...

Kirsty McIlear
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We’ve recently had our bathroom renovated and absolutely love it. But we’re getting quite a bit of splash onto the steps (we knew this was probable because of our design, and our contractor did make us aware….but we agreed that we’d “suck it and see”). We’ve now “sucked it” and we think the splash is a bit too much so are looking into a solution.

I’ve had an idea but I’m not sure how feasible it is, so figured I’d ask you lovely lot. Would a single sliding door work? I know that when you purchase a sliding shower door, it’s usually a fixed panel with a sliding door, so could we just use one door of it, i.e. the sliding bit? My thinking is that the sliding section would close over while showering, and we could slide it back to sit behind the wee wall (and existing glass panel) while not in use.

My other idea is a hinged door just for the wee opening – is it possible to just affix a hinged door to the tile? (assuming the wall underneath can hold the weight).

Long and short is, we don’t need it to be watertight – we’re fully prepared for some splashes still getting out, we’d just like to reduce it.

Any help much appreciated!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.