webuser_71660

tiled skirting in a bathroom - using wall or floor tiles?

Tani H-S
3 years ago

Thanks to everyone who helped with my tiling to the ceiling or not on my other thread - I decided to go full height in the bath/shower area. Which leaves the other 3 walls to work out. Picture of my bathroom mock up attached so you know what I'm talking about (ignore the tiles!!!).

I'm going to at least half tile the WC/sink wall in the same larger format concrete tiles but I'm struggling to work out how the skirting will work in this situation?

ie. I want some pattern in the room (see the tile example attached of geometric pattern) but if I tile the floor in this and the bath panel goes to the floor and the half tiled wall goes to the floor, I can't really skirt in the patterned tile as surely it would look odd on just two walls??

Would I skirt in the concrete tile so the bottoms of all the walls is all concrete and the floor lines won't line up?

Another option is to do the concrete on the floor and not the half wall and then somehow use the patterned tile on the sink wall? Argh, I've decided that I am useless at designing bathrooms on a budget. The sink will be a tiled shelf as well so have to work that in...

I can't afford to tile the whole room as it's £40sqm for these tiles plus extra wastage as they are huge so that's not an option.

Thanks again - bet you will all be glad when this room is done, HA HA HA

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.