anas_motala

Internal Design Dilemma

Anas Motala
3 years ago

Help plzzz

We are currently in process of building a new extension. We are happy with the external design of the extension but struggling with internal configuration to connect the new extension with the current house. I have listed two points below where we are struggling with.

1. Our current kitchen will become like a hallway. I want to join it all together so flows seamlessly. At the moment I have put identical door ways for the living room and new kitchen on exact opposite sides so it connects new and old space. Is this a good approach or if anyone has any better recommendations?

2. To align the new bedroom with the rest of the floor and also to have a good kitchen height, there will be two steps that connects passage to the new bedroom door. But in order to do that the architect has put a box in the new bedroom which I am not a big fan off. Not sure how to get rid of the box and have door right next to the landing so that it opens up straight in the bedroom.

I have attached some pics. Ideas/suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.