george_dickie

Sizing, positioning and spacing of pendants on a peninsula

George Dickie
3 years ago

Hello, I have lighting question regarding spacing and size of pendants over a kitchen peninsula. We've already tried applying the principles for islands widely posted online but it doesn't look quite right as one pendant look a bit close too the wall end of the peninsula. The peninsula is 89 inches long to the wall or 66 inches to the sink return. We've mocked up some pendants that are approx 25 cm diameter placed them 28 inches apart rim to rim and moved them slightly off centre towards the end of the peninsula and seems to look ok. Just wondered if anyone had any rules of thumb for hanging peninsula pendants? Is it acceptable to move them along away from the wall a little? Is 28inches (rim to rim) enough space between them. Also wondered if anyone had comments on pendent size relative to what is quite a small peninsula. Many thanks :).

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.