doublechicken

Interior designer wanting me to use FF&E supplier who costs more.

Double Chicken
3 years ago

Hi, Not sure if this is an often asked question, so apologies in advance if the case!

I am doing a refresh of my home and my interior designer is subtly insistent that i should be using a retail store that she has a relationship with for supplying a number of items. Now, i don't have an issue with this in principle, but my issue is there is no discounting, and the pricing provided is higher than what i can find same items for at competing retailers just by visiting their websites - and let alone asking for further discounting. Her angle is she knows they will be there for ensuring stuff is supplied on time and will be quality etc etc, but these are high end items so any retailer offering them will be equally professional as the manufacturer would not just be listing such things with any ol' shop. I would have thought, if anything, that the pricing from the ID's preferred store be sharp to reflect the business she brings them ? Not full freight at the price any other person would get if they walked in off the street and pointed at an item and said 'i'll take that'. Or am i being unreasonable? I feel like i am being forced to pay more than I need to. The total variance between what i can buy elsewhere vs the IDs preferred store is substantial when added all up. In fact more than the ID's fee ! Advice appreciated.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.