webuser_278658844

Narrow side extension

Sadie
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My house has no hall way, just a tiny 1m square with no room for pegs/storage when entering the front door (which is on the side of the house BTW) and I hate it! Thinking of building a long narrow "hallway" extension on the side of the house. Front door will then be positioned on the front of this extension, on the front of the house. It will probably be about 1.1m wide internally, taking into account the brick work and leaving side access to the back garden. Is this too small? I would build in cupboards for coats/shoes etc at the end of the "hall way" so no space taken along the walls... Then to add to this, rather than just make this a hall way, I could potentially continue the extension right the way back the length of the house and put in a utility area (built in unit housing washing machine with tumble dryer above), and a downstairs toilet. This would be blocked off from the hallway and access will be through the kitchen. Not sure if this narrow an extension will be worth what it will potentially cost..... Has anyone done this or got any advice?

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.