webuser_838158954

Can we improve on storage without sacrificing space

Nicki B
2 years ago

We've received two kitchen extension plans.
They are the same configuration as our neighbours. We've opted to keep the corner wall of the snug for structural support instead of adding a steel pillar to save money. We are also keeping the soil stack and sink its original position to save money reducing redirecting pipework.
We've included a downstairs toilet to to be plumbed into the existing soil stack. We can't move it under the stairs because we'd have to relocate the meters currently housed there which costs £2-3k
Our brief was that we wanted a light, bright open plan design, with a downstairs loo. We love the scandi look with lower cupboards and shelving up top but I don't think there is any way of having a long enough run of cupboards on the back wall without removing the toilet. We would have loved either a utility room or pantry and can add a cupboard into the hallway when we close off the existing dining room door.
We want to be able to look out onto the garden so opted for bifold doors.
I'm wondering if we could remove the utility room (which eats into the kitchen too much) and find a clever way of including some kind of pantry thus reducing the need for overhead cupboards.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.