webuser_1082869972649131

Help with leak please!

Kam B
2 years ago

Hi. My study (former garage) wall faces my neighbours garage wall. There is a very small gap between the 2 walls and due to a faulty gutter pipe (I think) lots of water has got into the gap and I have water stains on the wall.
Since these stains first showed, I have had the gutter repaired, 3 weeks have passed and we have had a heat wave but the wall does not seem to be drying? For the last 3 days I have had a dehumidifier on non stop and it hasn't made much difference. This leads me to think the water is still sitting in between the 2 walls. I tried to drill a hole to see if any water would come out but my drill bit wasn't log enough to go through to the other side (the hole can be seen on the bottom left on the attached pic )
I have enclosed 2 pics which were taken 3 weeks apart. The white blob is the result of the paint which has peeled off.
P.s. Since the gutters were fixed a very small wet patch is showing on the bottom right hand side. I'm hoping the gutters are actually fixed as no other new damp areas have come and we have had a fair bit of rain but I'm not too sure as we have this new wet area.
Any help would be very much appreciated!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.