mark_jackman14

How to cut diagonal along small piece of wood, lengthways

Mark Jackman
2 years ago

Hi folks, hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

I am creating a pitched roof on a dog kennel, so it is higher at the front and slopes down towards the back. To support (and create) the angled roof, I need to cut two side panels at an angle. the side panels are made from planks of timber roughly 47cm in length which are laid horizontally and fixed to vertical corner posts. So the top piece of timber on each side, needs to be cut at an angle so that when it is fixed horizontally to the corner post, it will be higher at the front than the back. The issue is, how do I cut it. I was given a circular saw but have never used it (I also have a bench circular saw however this wont make cuts in the right direction for the length i require) so I think I need the flexibility of a circular saw. What do you use to clamp the wood in place (given that the peice of wood is small at only 47cm in length and 10cm wide ( and 2cm thick) and what do you put under the material being cut for the blade to go into after it has cut through the wood?

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.