industry22

Looking for the perfect, semi-manly rug!

industry22
10 years ago
I need your help finding a rug for my living room! I have spent the last year trying to get kind of a contemporary/modern look for the living area (honestly I don’t even know what to call it), and I have ended up incorporating lots of wood and greys/blacks. My only problem is I would like to get a rug to kind of stick with this theme, without keeping it too simple (like a solid colored rug). I have tried shag rugs and even bright colored rugs, but I’m really starting to think the only thing that would look good in this area is something with dark grey or maybe even some brown. I don’t mind keeping in the same color family of grays/blacks, as I think I can accent the room with some bright pillows so the room doesn’t end up too dull. I’m also not looking for anything too flowery or girly… ☺

The only problem is if I go too brown it will clash with the wood flooring and if I go too light of a grey it completely clashes with the sectional. I have searched many stores including West Elm and Ikea and Crate and Barrel, and even on rugs.com and overstock.com but nothing has caught my eye! Unfortunately since I am a student my budget is $500-600 max!

Any advice on online stores (preferably with a return policy, just in case) or stores in the Dallas/Fort Worth area would be lots of help! I have family coming in about two weeks and would like to have it in by then!

First time poster! Thank you in advance!

Comments (80)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.