hayles_savvi

How would you remodel this house without costing the earth?

Hayles Savvi
2 years ago

My current downstairs layout does work but I am happy where we are living. I need to avoid huge grand plans of extensions due to costs and budget so looking to remodel what we have to fix the following issues and would appreciate inspiration and ideas

-Kitchen layout doesn't work, the previous owners added a wrap-around extension to add a downstairs toilet which leaves me with an odd-shaped and dark tunnelled kitchen/dining

We don't use the driveway for the car or the garage. We use this space as a private outdoor seating area as we don't have neighbours on the left of the property

My initial idea is to take the load-bearing wall out of the kitchen/dining room to open the space and add some Velux to let more natural light in. Then to extend the porch (there is room in the front garden) so the front door is directly in front of the 2nd hall entrance door and extend it round to meet the side extension (see the second photo). I hope then this space could house the downstairs loo and also my washer and dryer.

But is there something else I haven't seen? What would you do?

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.