lbdsd

Living room colours - help please!

Lucy S
2 years ago

Hi all,
I'm having a real dilemma with what colour/s to paint my living room accent wall. We started painting it but I decided even before it had been completely finished that I wasn't keen on the combination of colours. I would love to know what you think and what advice you have, as my husband is colour blind and therefore can't really help!
The other three walls of the room are in Dulux Timeless (a very light grey). I wanted some darker grey on the feature wall to tie in with our sofa (this is F&B Plummett) and we thought navy (F&B Stiffkey Blue) on the chimney would make it more interesting and work well with our yellow armchairs, but I'm not convinced. It all looks a bit gloomy to me. I think I'd like it more if the chimney was in a lighter colour, but I don't think that would make the fireplace and beam look as good... We'll be changing the blind once all the rest is done, so don't need to consider that.
Honest opinions needed please! What would you do?

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.