helen_shipton

Looking for feedback on a family bathroom and en-suite split

Helen Shipton
2 years ago

Hi,

we have a space of around 350cm x 300cm that we'd like to split into a family bathroom and an en-suite. The image below shows our current thinking. The family bathroom is shown above the en-suite below. Our intention is to use the limited space as effectively as possible, reducing where we can an maximising space in entry points / passing points.

Some of the thinking behind this layout:

- 2 children will be using the family bathroom daily, 2 adults will use the en-suite

- The family bath will be used the least, perhaps a few times a month. The showers will be used daily.

- By creating the step in both rooms we are trying to maximise space around the sinks / entry points. This area is where people will stand to use the sink or move past each other.

- We are using the areas where the rooms step in to locate things that do not require so much space.

- The sizes of the showers / baths / sinks aren't final, but we've picked typical sizes for the UK. There is room for them to alter (e.g. the en-suite has room for a double sink).

- The en-suite door deliberately opens into the bedroom. It can open fully and we expect we'll leave this door fully open most of the.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this design.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.