faye_cruickshank

New layout ideas - kitchen through to bathroom

Faye C
2 years ago

Hi there,

I’m buying this house and would love some help with layout ideas. It’s a Victorian terrace with kitchen through to bathroom and then to balcony. I had a few thoughts on how to improve the layout - would love anymore ideas / thoughts.

From (I imagine) simplest to most faff:

1. Make the bathroom more of a utility vibe. Keep the bath and toilet (toilet is boxed off in a little room of its own anyway). Put the washing machine in there and add units for a sink etc.
    1.5 - Eventually an en suite shower room in the alcove in bedroom 2

2. Effectively swap bathroom and kitchen. Eg bathroom on wall where units currently are and separate with a wall. Knock through the current bathroom wall and have a long kitchen through to balcony.

Finally - there is an old original cast iron stove in the fireplace in the current kitchen which I’m keen to remove. Any ideas how much that would cost / how tough a job that is?

(The flat next door is more or less identical but has put a kitchen in the current bathroom, made the current kitchen the living room, and turned bedroom 2 into a bathroom / utility)

Main reason for not loving the current layout is not wanting to walk through the kitchen in a towel!

Thanks!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.