webuser_53515471566

Tiny side extension for toilet. Is it possible?

Rachel B
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Our house is on the corner, with a road running along the side. We have an alleyway that is only 100cm wide down the side of the house (that measurement is right up to the boundary with the pavement). We don't need this space to access the garden as there is already a side gate at the end of the garden so mostly its just a horrible dirty abandoned space full of pigeons. I'm contemplating the possibility of building a tiny extension to put in a downstairs toilet. I have a feeling we can build right up to the boundary, though am assuming we'll need PP as its onto the road. The idea is that the wall of the toilet would replace the boundary fence for this section. So including footings and thickness of walls, is it even worth contemplating? Or will the resulting room just be too small to bother with? We only want to tiny downstairs toilet and maybe somewhere to hang coats in there so don't need it to be very big, but its the only place we can fit a downstairs toilet without it going off from the kitchen.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.