webuser_816820543

Dressing room Spotlight placement

J B
last year

Hello, I have converted a small bedroom into a dressing room and need some advice regarding positioning of spotlights. The room itself is about 2.3 x 2.6M and now has fitted wardrobes installed all the way along two of the walls, as well as half way along the third wall. The remaining ceiling area is quite small and forms an 'L' shape. I am planning on using spotlights in this area but I could do with some advice regarding the positioning of such lights. My initial thoughts would be to use three spotlights, fitted with a dimmer. In the main connecting bedroom, i have used 600lm 3000k Warm White Led's and would plan to use the same. Below is a drawing showing the remaining ceiling area. There are wardrobes along the left side, top side and half of the right hand side when looking at that drawing. The dimensions shown in the drawing are mm and this is the ceiling area inboard of the coving where fitted on bare walls. As above, i was planning three spotlights as shown on the drawing (No's 1-3), however, because the top spotlight (Numbered 1) needs to be central on the 1090mm measurement, this means that the spacing of the lights in the larger ceiling area (2 & 3) becomes uneven! Its been driving me mad for days now so could do with some advice if anyone has had similar issues? Appreciate joist positions would need confirming also.

Thanks,

Jamie.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.