webuser_514972176

Clueless beginner....what to plant...

Andrew Bishop
last year

Hello we have a property that has a garden(our first ever one) and therefore are clueless....we've mastered cutting the grass 😂
We have two spaces in front and rear garden that are bare and looking for ideas on what to plant.
Front - plan to have a couple of pots with something in them, then gravel/bark so low maintenance... preferably something that is there all year round.
It has reasonable sun.
Back garden - bigger space that we want to plant things in and don't want it to look sparse either but don't have a massive budget.
Again soil not brilliant.
We were thinking of some shrub round the back...but then...
Essentially looking for some suggestions of easy to maintain plant, shrubs.. that are evergreen/ perennials.....as we can then at some annual bedding plants in and around the permanent pieces.
Sorry for being so clueless, walking round garden centres and looking online so overwhelming.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.