webuser_878626350

Entrance Porch

None None
last year

Perhaps not a great photo, but this is a photo of one coat of new paint (needs another) of my entrance porch. It’s a small room with the front door on the left and a big white cupboard on the right (woodwork will also be painted).

I’m looking for inspiration. What ideas do you have to make this a great first impression? I was thinking a black edged large round mirror (to toughen up the sweet blue) and some gold door handles (as a contrast) for the cupboard. I may paint the cupboard doors a darker shade of blue, but don’t really want to carry that theme into the hallway where I would then have to paint all the doors coming off of the hallway. I had thought about plant pots but with young children and dogs, they would get knocked over. I thought perhaps a painting, but then it would be behind the front door when it was open. Perhaps the space and simplicity is interesting enough?

Thank you

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.