webuser_529008565

Would you be ok with this layout?

John
last year

I'm buying my first home and I absolutely love though it needs A LOT of TLC. I'm excited about the project but not sure whether I should mess with the layout. It's 1 bed, raised ground floor, Victorian conversion (no outside space) with super high ceilings and huge windows. The thing is - it feels back to front. The "front" room with the bay window is currently a bedroom. While the living room is smaller and at the back of the flat, away from the [quiet] street. I've included an altered layout I am considering, but I feel like I'd never be able to save enough to do this? The red marked walls would go and are not load-bearing. Is it worth doing this? Will it increase the value to at least pay for the works? Can you find better layouts? I would be super grateful for any ideas/thoughts/advice!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.