honeysuckle65

Shared driveway - Complicated.

honeysuckle65
last year
last modified: last year

Hello - any thoughts on how I can proceed with the layout on this one? [NB I posted on US platform before noting the UK discussion area - apologies but would be grateful for a UK POV, US gave helpful comments]

New house - vehicle access for 3 neighbours across area right outside backdoor ie east to west as per Title Deeds - neighbours have also become used to (illegally) reversing over my empty parking area between back door (south) and my garage (north) (it's not necessary to use as the lane adjacent gives plenty room) - the demarcation line between mine and shared vehicle access has been obliterated by a coat of asphalt/tarmac over entire area (NB all three neighbours have very clear lined separating shared from private. Have a theory about this.)

I wish eventually to fence off my area for privacy so they won't be able to access this reversing area thereafter and in fact will no longer as soon as I park a car there. Immediate neighbour is already kicking up a fuss about my fencing-in MY property - in which tactic he seems to have had some success by preventing the previous owner from doing so.

How do I 'retrain' neighbours ? - by placing items eg planters, pots, boulders around the edge of my area? Will this look aggressive? if so what other demarcation can I use?

Or do I simply carry on with reclaiming/marking out my property? It'll be pretty obvious what I'm doing to any reasonable person.

Any thoughts and/or experience of similar would be hugely welcome as this has been dragging on for several months now.

Edit - I wonder if anyone had an idea of how to connect more clearly the detached garden/parking/garage to the back door eg by a defined pathway or a corridor of some sort. Clearly the property price was commensurate with this separate garden but I would eventually like to have a view onto this area from kitchen and make it look nice as well as cohesive.

Many thanks

H

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.