webuser_689721627

Curtain pole for box bay window?

E Louise
last year

Hello! I’ve been trying to find answers for months and need help. This box bay is at the end of my living room, which is quite long and narrow. I had plantation shutters installed on the lower half and would now like curtains to soften the look, but I can’t find the right curtain pole. The white strip that runs along the top of the window is metal (or composite, I’m not entirely sure) and I think this means I’d have to ceiling mount the central bracket as I can’t drill into it (can I?!) The depth of the recess is only 25cm. A standard 3-sided curtain pole would mean that the finials poke out into the room, and I think this might look odd. So my question is: would it look bizarre to run a straight curtain pole across the recess (and ceiling mount the central bracket) OR should I just buy a 3-sided pole and attempt to drill through and attach to the window frame? Thank you.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.