kaila_yates

Planting advice - Green drive

Kaila Yates
last year

Hi, we're taking up paving in our front drive and I need plant advice please! We want an effortless green drive but not lawn / grass. Ruling out gravel - it travels and I expect the new flooring in the hall will be first to be ruined. Also ruled out permeable resin

Really like the practicality and ease of something like the pic here. Could I get some advice on what's been planted between the stones in the pic attached please? Or what could be planted in a set-up like this that would work for a low-maintence London garden that gets sun most of the day

We need to park our car on the drive and there are 3 big bins to one side of the drive and hopefully a thin planted area and path leading to the door on the other side.

I've looked at thymes and other mediterrean herbs plus clover but the test run in our back garden suggests the thymes get quite 'leggy' and clover will need mowing which we're not keen on but will consider if that's the best option. Goal is an evergreen drive that looks and stays tidy, we will maintain but not keen on weekly / daily fussing!

Thanks in advance

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.