nirosha_gunasingham

Cabinet colour for a long, narrow tropical kitchen

N G
11 months ago

We’re renovating our kitchen which is quite long and relatively narrow with a window at one end and another at right angles to it (ie at the same end of the kitchen). We will be extending the length by maybe a foot or so and maximising the height and width of both windows.
Our house décor style is (Asian) colonial with a lot of dark wood accents ( doors, staircase bannister etc) and for the longest time I’ve wanted to make the colour scheme chocolate with lime and sea glass accents (to differentiate different sections). Now it comes down to it, though, I’m worried that dark wood for the cabinet fronts will make the kitchen too dark. Normally in the tropics I wouldn’t worry about light but the neighbours have a fiddler fig tree in that corner and we keep asking them to cut the poor thing back as it blocks the light in that corner of our house.
One wall (opposite the second window) will have floor to ceiling cabinets (including fridge and oven tower) for about three quarters of its length and everything else will be countertop height.
Any advice?

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.