emily_tytherleigh

Need help with living area

Emily Tytherleigh
11 months ago

We're really struggling with how to arrange furniture in this room, and do we put up a wall or room divider to break it up?

As you can see, there isn't much light in the top of the room, which puts me off having a wall in between. However we don't have many rooms downstairs so breaking it up could be beneficial. I am pregnant so a small playroom could be workable. No need for an office as there is one upstairs and on the other side of the house is a kitchen/dining room.

The focal point should be the fireplace but we do watch TV and aren't able to put the TV above the fireplace as it gets too hot.

Currently the TV is next to the double doors as is ideal on that wall as the wires all go to a box under the stairs. That being said, we could move it if nothing else works. The rads are shown in the picture.

I am interested to hear opinions and if anyone has any examples of rooms they have split.

Thank you in advance.

Emily

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.