webuser_16713319

Living room decorating dilemma

Ruth House
6 months ago

Hi,
Having spent last week trying to find a green sofa/blush wall combo we were happy with we have failed and reverted to our original idea of going with grey sofas and a mid-dark blue/teal colour for the walls. This means I'm not willing to paint ceiling the same colour and this will now need to be white.
Dilemma is: cut in all the way around ceiling (there is no coving?) Or create a paint effect 'picture rail' whereby ceiling white comes down onto wall to meet blue.
I've done paint effect lines using frog tape in the kids rooms and feel I could get that more accurate than the dreaded cutting in, which I always struggle to get neat.
But not sure if the 2D fake picture rail idea will look naff? Don't really want to install 3D wood picture rail as we're not a period home.
Anyone down similar with a dark paint on walls just to picture rail height?

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.